Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lily the PDA


I have yet to blog about the new Chuck Palahniuk book I read or the super funny Fanboys movie I recently saw. It's been weeks since I wrote anything. Mainly because I have been suffering a slight heartache from my dying Lily, my PDA.

Yes, it's stupid when one gets too attach to a "thing". But I can bet that anyone who says that most probably have a special and sentimental object they vent their love to. It just so happens that for me, it's my ultraspecial gadgets that receive my undying love.

Lily was sick about a month ago (and just after my digicam died). I decided installing new apps even though I couldn't understand the language it was projecting (it was French, methinks). After a few days since the installation, she went into a coma.

Yes, she went into the endless reset loop.

After that, I left her alone--basically giving her rest so that when the time comes, I can revive her safely again. However, my hopes to save her through mindless "giving her a rest" was not a good solution. Soon, her status button were wonky. And eventhough I hard reset and re-sync without that damn French-speaking app, she was utterly ill and could not function well.

I was about to give up when even the experts that keeps Lily alive through tough times (there was once when she randomly reset without me doing anything), the Brighthand people, weren't able to guide me through the illness. I was about to scrounge around my piggy bank to see if I have money left for a new digitizer just so I could keep my Lily.

Good thing that after the NTH time of resetting and syncing, she finally broke out of her coma and came back almost shiny and new. So now, I have to handle her with the utmost care. I realized that Lily is almost dying.

I just hope she lasts until I can finally let go of her and put her to rest.

No comments: