Tuesday, July 12, 2011

How is your employer?

Last month, I resigned from my work. It's been a looooong process. I have been trying to move on from my company since last year. However, some changes and deals had to take place before I could finally let the company go.

What's sad is that it seems that I'm not leaving in good terms. I recently had the flu and could not go to work. I got texts from my manager that I need to extend my tender for resignation. Instead of leaving at the end of the month, I have to talk to my manager that I may not be eligible to take my terminal leave.

This is what saddens me. I've been with the company for more than a year. They have seen my dedication and they have all seen my productivity and excellence. I have spent more time at the office than with my family. I have sacrificed a lot for a position that they couldn't officially give me.

After all this, I need to talk to my managers tomorrow about tendering my work. It seems as if I couldn't even use my sick leaves to take care of myself. It's not like I'm just lounging around. I was in bed hacking and coughing. I was nauseated, feverish and couldn't even lift myself.

I got a text from my manager that I could be extending my stay with the company. My problem is my last day was supposed to be Friday and come Monday morning, I'd be starting with my new company. Suffice to say it, I cannot extend my stay with the company. Now I have to fight them. It's sad since I was starting to think they really regarded me as an esteemed colleague.

No comments: