Tuesday, September 1, 2009

permission to shine shot down

I just blogged last Sunday how I would turn my life around by completely imitating my real-life Dagny Taggart. I was suppose to give more than a hundred percent in my work. I have been prepping myself to shine this week.

However, reality sets in that before a diamond could shine, it should be scrubbed, chipped and cut.

Today, I got my scrubbing.

Earlier, I was called into my boss' office for the mistake of sending an email to a client. I was completely surprised since before I sent the email I made sure of what I'm going to do and checked with my boss. I'm not sure if I misunderstood him or he misunderstood me but now since I'm getting the scolding, I am to be blamed.

It sucks that I have to be the one blamed for the whole mishap. I guess they're forgetting that I would send such a delicate and sensitive information to anyone with their blessing. I am not stupid enough to trek my own way when I know it's going to bite me in the ass.

When I told my boss that he instructed me to send the email--he denied it and continued lecturing me. He says he must've misunderstood what I consulted to him.

But now, it comes to mind that when we were waiting for a client on last Friday, I confirmed that I have emailed the contact information. He goes on saying that I have to make sure everything is in order... blahblahblah.

In the end, since I'm not an officer, I can't defend myself. I just hope I get over this fast so I could concentrate more on the shining part.

No comments: